Sells flooring products and window treatments to retail customers and small businesses in a retail store or over the telephone, as well as design consulting and managing the Hunter Douglas activities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets, greets and compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, aged leads, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Handles walk-in customers and makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Provides product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Writes orders in compliance with company policies and procedures, and ensures the customer understands and agrees with order specifications at the closing.
- Perform on-site measures. Revised 1/1/16 Page 2 of 3
- Assist customer with in-house financing arrangements when appropriate.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Handles Hunter Douglas activities including but not limited to – monitoring leads, coordinating training, updating sample and fabric books, RGA / Repairs, design consulting and handling retail and service installs.
- Travels to and attends trade shows as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, floor plans and flooring specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of RFMS Sales Order and Inventory processing systems; Internet software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word word processing software.
- Must have transportation to perform on-site measures.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Florida Driver’s License acceptable to company standards.