Laminate Care & Maintenance
Laminate’s superior stain and moisture-resistant surface makes spills and other messes easy to handle. But like any floor, it requires care to maintain its beauty. By following these simple laminate care & maintenance tips, your floor will reward you with great looks for years to come.
Best cleaning routine for laminate floors
For everyday cleaning, just sweep, dust mop or vacuum to remove loose dirt and grime that can eventually dull laminate’s finish. When vacuuming, use a soft bristle or hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) remember to vacuum along edges and corner. For deep cleaning, use a mop slightly dampened with floor cleaner specifically formulated for laminate care. Do not allow excessive water to remain on the surface.
Placing doormats inside and outside entryways to stop moisture and dirt from entering the home.
Do’s and don’ts about laminate floor care
- Do spray only the damp mop with floor cleaner and NOT the laminate floor directly.
- Don’t use soap-based detergents or floor steam cleaners.
- Do lift heavy furniture instead of dragging or pulling it to avoid scratching and gouging.
- Don’t flood your floor with water or cleaner. Excessive moisture can find its way beneath or between boards.
- Do use glides or floor protectors on the bottom of furniture to prevent scratching or abrasion.
- Don’t use wax, polish or cleaners not specifically recommended for your laminate flooring. These can ruin the finish and the overall look of the laminate
- Do wipe up spills and spots immediately with laminate floor cleaner applied directly to a clean cloth.